st: U.S. Census Data

From   Nate Breznau <nbreznau@bigsss.uni-bremen.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: U.S. Census Data
Date   Thu, 06 May 2010 16:31:50 +0200

I am wanting to end my usage of SPSS, and in general have successfully done so; however, in a project working with U.S. Census data I need to use a datafile that has over 30 million cases and 15 variables. This is the smallest version I can use for my purposes. Is there any way to alter Stata to work with such a monster file? I've pushed it to its maximum allowed memory and its not enough.

I thank anyone kindly for any advice, no matter how dismal.

-Nate

--
PhD Fellow
Social Integration and the Welfare State