st: logit fixed effects models with weights

From   "Christina Gibson-Davis" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: logit fixed effects models with weights
Date   Wed, 5 May 2010 10:48:43 -0400

I am trying to estimate a logit fixed effects models with weights.  -xtlogit-  does not support either fweights or pweights.  I am working with a dataset with more than 18,000 individuals, so it is not possible to include a dummy var for each individual. -clogit- supports weights, but they must be constant within group, and my weights vary at the individual level.   My outcome is binary so -areg- will not work.

Are there any suggestions as to how to estimate this model?

Many thanks in advance.

Christina Gibson-Davis
Sanford School of Public Policy
Duke University
PO Box 90245
Durham, NC 27713
(919) 613-7364

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
-- Mark Twain