Re: st: correct for selection bias in survival analysis

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: correct for selection bias in survival analysis
Date   Wed, 5 May 2010 03:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Marguerite Duponchel wrote:
> It's just that as I am the one creating the selection bias
> on a full available sample, I thought there might be a way
> to correct it while using the info in the complete data
> which frailty would not integrate.

The easiest solution is not to make the selection or, if you
want to work with a smaller dataset, make the selection
random. Otherwise I don't understand why you would want to
make a selection and than "correct" for the fact that you
made a selection.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie