Re: st: My program does not accept more than two args

From   Richard Williams <Williams.NDA@comcast.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: My program does not accept more than two args
Date   Sat, 01 May 2010 18:13:53 -0500

At 05:04 PM 5/1/2010, francesco manaresi wrote:
This may be obvious, if so I apologize in advance: I am a newbie in programming.
I want to implement a maximum-likelihood estimate, but got problems in
letting the program accept more than 2 arguments (in args).
Consider the simplest case: a normal model. The program is:

***
program define normal
version 1.0

I don't know if this is your problem, but I don't know why you would say version 1.0. This is telling Stata to behave like it did back in the dark ages when it was first introduced. Use whatever version of Stata you are writing the program on, e.g.

version 10.1

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu