st: piece-wise logistic regression

From   "Jason Ferris" <JasonF@TURNINGPOINT.ORG.AU>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: piece-wise logistic regression
Date   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:41:43 +1000

(I have resent this in case the original got 'caught' due to the url)

I have been reading on piecewise regression in stata from the
ats.ucla.edu website (stat/stata/faq/piecewise.htm)

I am interested in approaching some analysis where the outcome is binary
and the predictor is continuous.  A lowess curve of the data seems to
indicate a kick in my data with a positive slope between 1 and 10 and a
negative slope from 10 to 80.

Can I use the same approach mentioned in the website above for logistic
piecewise regression?

Jason

DISCLAIMER: This message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,and are not necessarily the views of the Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre (ABN: 68 223 819 017).

Although this message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses by 'Trend Micro InterScan' at the time of sending, you are advised to rescan on receipt.

The whole or parts of this email may be subject to copyright of Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre (ABN: 68 223 819 017), and/or third parties.
You can only re-transmit, distribute or use the material if you are authorised to do so.

Please consider the environment before printing this email or attachments.