Re: st: how to reduce running time and data size

Subject   Re: st: how to reduce running time and data size
Date   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:03:24 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 23/4/10, sun samn wrote:
>    I am running simulation about a GMM in MATA; the
> matrices are only involved Within MATA. My sample size is
> 10000 and simulate for 1000 times, which makes the running
> like forever. Plus, it seems like the memory is not big
> enough, Is there any way I can do to improve this situation?

The simple answer is use fewer observations or fewer iterations.
More specific advise is hard to give, as we haven't seen your
code. The are some general comments possible. You could try
adding starting values if you have good ones, as is often the
case in a simulation study. You could specify the
-derivative()- option, but that can mean a lot time spent on
programming and debugging, so if the time gain you receive from
the faster program will outweight the time lost programming is
an open quesiton.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie