st: Predict command

From   Rasika Raghavan <rasikarag@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Predict command
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:56:13 +0530

All,

I want to fit values to a regression model based on only the
significant variables. I am aware that I have the option of using only
the significant varibales in the model , re running the regression and
then using the predict command. But it is likely that these
significant variables might become insignificant. Hence I do not want
to tamper with the model but just predict based on the significant
variables.Another option would be to output the coefficients and then
calculate the predicted values through the relevant multiplication and
additions. Is there but a direct way?

Rasika