st: Data manipulation question

From   Debs Majumdar <debs_stata@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Data manipulation question
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:48:59 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello Statalisters,

             I am working with a dataset which has 300 students who are divided into 4 categories (group is ordinal ranging from 1 to 4). E.g.

 ID                      Group

101                       2

102                       1

103                       2

399                       3

400                       4

 I want to add 50 dummy students to the dataset and put them into category 4 in my group variable. What would be the best way to do that?

 Thanks,

   Debs