st: possible fourier transformation

From   "Fitzmaurice, Ann E." <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: possible fourier transformation
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:26:54 +0100

From: Fitzmaurice, Ann E.
Sent: 20 April 2010 20:35
To: ''
Subject: possible fourier transformation

I have a series of data points that  represent different attributes along the continuum of pregnancy related services, so for example I have the percentage of women who had antenatal care, the percentage of women who delivered in an institution etc

I have this data for a series of countries and there are at present 12 attributes which describe this continuum

I have also within each country the same series of attributes by the wealth status of the family (five series)

What I would like to do is to determine if the distributions, either between countries , or within countries by the wealth status are different (significantly )

I would also like to generate some summary statistic that describes the distribution

It has been suggested that I look at a fourier transformation , I know that stata can do this, but

a) This is a new process to me and therefore do not know how to carry this out in stata
b) Once the transformation is carried out ,  what would the next steps in the analysis

The series for one of the countries is :
All   of the above figures are percentages

Any help greatly appreciated