Re: st: possible fourier transformation

Subject   Re: st: possible fourier transformation
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:57:25 -0400

Fitzmaurice, Ann E. <a.e.fitzmaurice@abdn.ac.uk> :

There is almost certainly a problem with your data; if those are
adjacent years, there is no way the rate of prenatal care drops from
78 to 20, rises to 99, then drops back to 40 in the space of a few
years.  That said, the transform you want, constructing 1+floor(T/2)
series of different frequencies from one series of length T, is
described in detail on page 334 in

Baker, Michael, Dwayne Benjamin, and Shuchita Stanger. 1999.
"The Highs and Lows of the Minimum Wage Effect: A Time-Series
Cross-Section Study of the Canadian Law."
Journal of Labor Economics, 17(2): 318-350.
http://www.jstor.org/stable/2660649

and you will also find this helpful:
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0116