st: Iterative solving of an equation

From   "David Scheuer" <>
Subject   st: Iterative solving of an equation
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:17:53 +0200

I am rebuilding cost of capital models, which determine cost of capital implied as the internal rate of return from a valuation model.

For instance, let me assume this is the first line in my dataset and I want to solve the following equation.

Price_0 = 100
BookValue_0 = 50
EPS_1 = 3
BookValue_1 = 52
EPS_2 = 4.5
g = 0.04
x =?

For example, in Excel, I would let the "Solver" find the solution for x.
How can I program STATA to find solutions like this for me?
Jetzt freischalten unter