st: graphs with dates question...

From   Asdsa Sdjfkn <>
Subject   st: graphs with dates question...
Date   Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

I want to make a graph with the command:

graph bar (mean) Var1, over (Quarter)

where Quarter is formatted as
%tq. This produces a graph with the number corresponding to the quarter
on the x-axis, rather than the actual quarter (e.g. '0' instead of
'1960q1'). How can I get the quarter to show up rather than the
corresponding number?

I'd also like only, say, one quarter a year to be labelled on the x-axis, otherwise there isn't enough room for all the text to fit. I've trawled through the documentation for this, but
haven't found anything useful...