st: AW: graphs with dates question...

Subject   st: AW: graphs with dates question...
Date   Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:44:25 +0200

<>

Ulrich`s code does not lead to success for me, so here is another take on
the problem:

*************
clear*
set obs 10
gen int quarter=190+_n
form quarter %tq
expand 10
gen var1 =rnormal()
collapse (mean) var1, by(quarter)
tw (bar var1 quarter, sort),  /*
*/ xlab(#3, angle(forty_five))

The original call -graph bar (mean) Var1, over (Quarter)- could be augmented
by the -relabel()- suboption. The labels to go into it could be produced by
NJC`s -ssc d mylabels-, yet would need to start from _1_, not 191 as in my
example. Hence the approach above, which avoids the -over- option
altogether.

HTH
Martin