st: stack cells row wise

From   Maul Eugenio <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stack cells row wise
Date   Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:38:28 -0400

Dear Stata Community:
I have several tab separated files containing variable amount of columns and rows.
The cells have strings with variable empty cells between them.
The pattern of empty cells varies form row to row and from column to column.
I would like to stack all the non empty cells next to each other rowwise.
Any suggestions to achieve this using stata?

Thanks,
Eugenio Maul