st: Re: Replacing certain characters in variable labels.

From   Anna Reimondos <>
Subject   st: Re: Replacing certain characters in variable labels.
Date   Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:37:48 +1000

After a bit more exploration I found the solution:

foreach i of varlist _all {
local a : variable label `i'
local a: subinstr local a "’" "'"
label var `i' "`a'"