st: Detach value label from string var

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Detach value label from string var
Date   Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:32:16 +0200

Another problem I cannot solve myself:
By importing a dataset all variables get label values attached - also
string vars. This leads to "string vars with embedded blanks" by
codebook, p.

For numeric vars with empty value labels I used:
. label values `r(labelnotfound)' .

. label values `r(str_embedded)' .
does not work.

I even can not do this via the Variables Manager. Any idea how to do