st: length of a returned local using rclass

From   Miranda Kim <mk@mrc.soton.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: length of a returned local using rclass
Date   Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:46:11 +0100

Hello,
When writing a small program that saved a string (list of variables) using -rclass- and -return local-, the list was prematurely truncated. I therefore wonder if there a limit to the number of characters that can be stored in a local macro using rclass, or if I should be looking for a bug in my code?
Many thanks,
Miranda