Re: st: length of a returned local using rclass

From   A Loumiotis <>
Subject   Re: st: length of a returned local using rclass
Date   Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:25:19 +0300

Did you enclose your r(macro) in single quotes?

Page 1673 of the Base Reference states the following technical note:

For r(macro), you are supposed to refer to it in quotes: `r(macro)'.
If, however, you omit the
quotes in an expression context, Stata evaluates the macro and then
pretends that it is the result of
function-returning-string. There are side effects of this, the most
important being that the result is
trimmed to 80 characters.