Re: st: saveold rare behavior

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: saveold rare behavior
Date   Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:46:18 -0400

I'll bet that's intended behavio(u)r - note that -saveold- also does not change the name of the current dataset, as displayed by -describe-, such that a subsequent -save, replace- resaves NOT the name given for -saveold-, but rather the original name. Since -saveold- can be destructive, that's not unreasonable behaviour -- in other words, -saveold- acts more like -outfile- than like -save-.

- Nick Winter