st: endogeneity in hurdle models

From   "Rao, James" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: endogeneity in hurdle models
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:23:03 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

Am considering estimating a hurdle model but I have two main concerns. First,
is there an inbuilt stata command for estimating hurdle models in general.
Secondly I happen to have an endogenous variable in my 2nd hurdle (use
intensity) equation, which i also suspect is endogenous in the first hurdle
(access) equation. Is therefore an estimation procedure within the framework
of the hurdle models that allows for addressing this potential endogeneity.

Rao E.O. James (Msc)
Research Associate/PhD Student

Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
Georg-August University of Göttingen
Platz der Gottinger Sieben 5
37073 Göttingen, Germany.
Tell:+49-551-394443 (Office)

Courage is not the absence of fear but the triumph over it ... so fear not to
fear ... but strive to overcome fear!