st: AW: dropped groups in xtlogit fixed effects

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: dropped groups in xtlogit fixed effects
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:18:03 +0200

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. April 2010 15:13
Betreff: st: dropped groups in xtlogit fixed effects

Dear Statalisters,

I want to use a logit regression on panel data with country fixed
effects, therefore I am using xtlogit with fe at the end.

However I am getting two notes that i do not fully understand.

1st, Multiple positive outcomes within groups encountered
2nd, x groups (x obs) dropped becasue of all positive or all negative

can anybody explain what these mean and if they are a problem? It
almost halves my sample which may be a bit of an issue.

I must apologize for my stata ignorance, I am new a stata newby

Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer,