st: load EXCEL to STATA

From   "G. Dai" <dgecon@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: load EXCEL to STATA
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:16:53 -0700

hi all,
I have a very big data set which is consist of hundreds of  smaller
EXCEL table sheet.
Each EXCEL table sheet actually includes many county observations in one state.

To read the EXCEL in my STATA, I need first OPEN the EXCEL file and then SAVE it
as CSV form.  However, this easy task seems very time consuming since
hundreds of
such sheet need to be open and save!

So, is there any easy to read the EXCEL sheet without saving it into CSV form?
Last, the EXCEL sheet actually includes a title and short description
notes at the
beginning of the sheet, which is very annoying.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Regards,
Guang