st: A question about identification strategies

From   C Engelbrecht <>
Subject   st: A question about identification strategies
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:20:28 -0400

I read in a couple of working papers where the authors claim that they
"obtain all information presented to the agent", therefore they should
be able to claim causality using a simple OLS. I certainly sympathize
because IVs are hard to come by, but is this a valid argument? Have
you seen similar arguments made in published papers?

Many thanks for any reference you can point me to.