st: margins after panel commands

From   Stephen O Neill <>
Subject   st: margins after panel commands
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:14:13 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist users,
I am trying to estimate average partial effects after xtprobit. When I use margins, dydx(*) after probit, I get average marginal effects ok, however when I try to use margins, dydx(*) again after xtprobit ..., re margins just returns the original coefficients rather than average partial effects. I find a simliar problem after xttobit. Can somebody clairfy why this is?