st: AW: Data from MATA to STATA

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Data from MATA to STATA
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:51:37 +0200

Have you applied the recent update to Stata 11 which introduced the
-getmata- command? Also see

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Sergio Guerra
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. März 2010 17:49
Betreff: st: Data from MATA to STATA

Dear users,

I'm working with a dataset of 180 observations. After a few transformations
and handling using mata I construct 5 new variables of 168 observatios each

The five variables are packed in a matrix called result so result is a 168x5

It would be very usefull to use in STATA instead of MATA the result matrix
but I find no proper way to trasnfer the data from one workspace to the

The st_addvar command seems to be the right choice but I find no way for use
it. (Maybe an example in the manual should be a good idea for future

Besides, my next step is to construct 100 of new variables...and st_addvar
seems to work just one by one ...

Any help?

Sergio Guerra