st: RE: Data from MATA to STATA

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Data from MATA to STATA
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:55:57 +0100

See Gould (2010), as below, and the corresponding commands in updated
Stata 11.

SJ-10-1 pr0050  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Mata Matters: Stata
in Mata
        (help putmata, getmata) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . W.
Gould
        Q1/10   SJ 10(1):125--142
        introduces new official Stata commands putmata and getmata
        for putting data from Stata to Mata and getting results back
        to Stata

Standard spelling is Stata and Mata.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Sergio Guerra

I'm working with a dataset of 180 observations. After a few
transformations
and handling using mata I construct 5 new variables of 168 observatios
each
one.

The five variables are packed in a matrix called result so result is a
168x5
matrix.

It would be very usefull to use in STATA instead of MATA the result
matrix
but I find no proper way to trasnfer the data from one workspace to the
other.

The st_addvar command seems to be the right choice but I find no way for
use
it. (Maybe an example in the manual should be a good idea for future
versions)

Besides, my next step is to construct 100 of new variables...and
st_addvar
seems to work just one by one ...