st: RE: Data from MATA to STATA

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Data from MATA to STATA
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:55:57 +0100

See Gould (2010), as below, and the corresponding commands in updated
Stata 11.

SJ-10-1 pr0050  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Mata Matters: Stata
in Mata
        (help putmata, getmata) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . W.
        Q1/10   SJ 10(1):125--142
        introduces new official Stata commands putmata and getmata
        for putting data from Stata to Mata and getting results back
        to Stata

Standard spelling is Stata and Mata.

Sergio Guerra

I'm working with a dataset of 180 observations. After a few
and handling using mata I construct 5 new variables of 168 observatios

The five variables are packed in a matrix called result so result is a

It would be very usefull to use in STATA instead of MATA the result
but I find no proper way to trasnfer the data from one workspace to the

The st_addvar command seems to be the right choice but I find no way for
it. (Maybe an example in the manual should be a good idea for future

Besides, my next step is to construct 100 of new variables...and
seems to work just one by one ...