st: FW: Urgent: Stored Data after the calculation

Subject   st: FW: Urgent: Stored Data after the calculation
Date   Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:02:07 +0200

<>

Try this, and switch your mail program to text only... All of this is
discussed in [U], sect. 13.7...

*******
clear*

input str7 Cohort int(Tot08 Tot09 A08)
"Group 1"   48        66     17
"Group 2"   10        3      0
"Group 3"   3         4      2
"Group 4"   1         0      0
"Group 5"   3         8      0
"Group 6"   0        31      0
"Group 7"   266      245    181
end

gen A09=round((A08/Tot08)*Tot09)

list, noo

di in r "First value of A09: " A09[1]
di in r "Second value of A09: " A09[2]
di in r "Double the first value of A09: " 2*A09[1]

*store second value in a -local-
local second=A09[2]
di in r `second'
*******