st: RE: file already exists error

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: file already exists error
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:42:35 +0100

Have you perused yet?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Cohen, Elan
Sent: Freitag, 26. März 2010 18:24
To: ''
Subject: st: file already exists error

This is a hard error to report since I get it haphazardly, and it's been
impossible for me to replicate.

Occasionally, I will get an error that says:

file C:\DOCUME~1\cohened\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_0000001b.tmp already exists

This error can come after any command; today -symmetry-, yesterday
-reshape-.  Sometimes the error will stop happening if I simply rerun the
command, sometimes I need to wait 5 minutes, and sometimes I need to restart
Stata entirely.

It may be important to know that I don't have admin priveleges on my
computer but since it seems to be writing to my personal space, I'm not sure
how that would be the problem.

Is there a way to check to check if my Stata installation is corrupt?  Any
other suggestions?

Version 11 on Win XP Pro SP3.

- Elan