st: file already exists error

From   "Cohen, Elan" <cohened@upmc.edu>
Subject   st: file already exists error
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:23:34 -0400

This is a hard error to report since I get it haphazardly, and it's been impossible for me to replicate.

Occasionally, I will get an error that says:

file C:\DOCUME~1\cohened\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_0000001b.tmp already exists
r(602);

This error can come after any command; today -symmetry-, yesterday -reshape-.  Sometimes the error will stop happening if I simply rerun the command, sometimes I need to wait 5 minutes, and sometimes I need to restart Stata entirely.

It may be important to know that I don't have admin priveleges on my computer but since it seems to be writing to my personal space, I'm not sure how that would be the problem.

Is there a way to check to check if my Stata installation is corrupt?  Any other suggestions?

Version 11 on Win XP Pro SP3.

Thanks,

- Elan