Re: st: Adding rows to datasheet

From   Eric Booth <>
Subject   Re: st: Adding rows to datasheet
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:17:59 -0500

Similar to others that have posted, I'm not having any issues simply copy/pasting extra rows from an Excel spreadsheet into an existing Stata dataset.
Since you are still having issues, I think a more straightforward solution is to save your excel file in a delimited format, -insheet- and save the data, and then -append- it to the data in memory.   (plus, you mention that you have to do this often, and this process is easy to repeat/automate).

~ Eric

Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute
Texas A&M University