Bookmark and Share

Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down on April 23, and its replacement, statalist.org is already up and running.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: AW: st: Graph edits


From   "Martin Weiss" <martin.weiss1@gmx.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: AW: st: Graph edits
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:56:40 +0100

<>


" I guess statalist doesnt allow file
attachments.  "



It does not, but you can simply recreate your issues with official datasets,
and post the code highlighting your problem...


HTH
Martin


-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Sripal Kumar
Sent: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 20:54
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: AW: st: Graph edits

Martin--you are correct.  I am a stata 10 user.  Nick asked me earlier
if I could give an example.  I guess statalist doesnt allow file
attachments.  I will explain in a later email what I am looking for.
thanks,
Sripal.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Martin Weiss <martin.weiss1@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> <>
>
> "
> In Stata 11 I have no problem editing individual labels to change their
> size/color."
>
>
> Am I mixing up threads, or did Sripal say he is a Stata 10 user?
>
>
> HTH
> Martin
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
> [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Nick Winter
> Sent: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 20:03
> To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
> Subject: Re: AW: st: Graph edits
>
> In Stata 11 I have no problem editing individual labels to change their
> size/color.
>
> To make them bold, just change the relevant text in the id variable from
> "Text" to "{bf:Text}"
>
> - NW
>
> On 3/23/2010 9:57 AM, Martin Weiss wrote:
>>
>> <>
>>
>> You could use the official example from -help metan-:
>>
>>
>> *************
>> use http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/m/metan_example_data, clear
>> metan_examples metan_example_custom
>> *************
>>
>>
>>
>> HTH
>> Martin
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
>> [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Nick Winter
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 14:52
>> An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
>> Betreff: Re: st: Graph edits
>>
>> If you give an example command that generates your forest plot, and
>> describe the changes you want done to that plot, I'll bet Statalisters
>> could make it happen.  Or at least would have a better shot at it than
>> now, not knowing exactly how you generated the basic plot.
>>
>> - NW
>>
>> On 3/23/2010 9:42 AM, Sripal Kumar wrote:
>>> My biggest problem is increasing the font size.  Even if I use "huge"
>>> or "v huge", nothing happens and the font on the forest plot is still
>>> small.  I wonder if this is only for a forest plot.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Martin Weiss<martin.weiss1@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> <>
>>>>
>>>> " In addition, I prefer to selectively highlight the main
>>>> results of the plot by using the bold option.  "
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Which "bold option" are you referring to? Stata 10 did not feature
>> options
>>>> for bold text on graphs, as far as I recall. That was introduced in
> Stata
>>>> 11.
>>>>
>>>> See -help whatsnew10to11-:
>>>> "See 7.  You can now put bold and italic text, Greek letters, symbols,
>>>> superscripts, and subscripts on graphs!"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> HTH
>>>> Martin
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>>>> Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
>>>> [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Sripal
> Kumar
>>>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 14:33
>>>> An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
>>>> Betreff: Re: st: Graph edits
>>>>
>>>> Well there are a few things where the graphics editor doesnt work for
>>>> me.  In a forest plot (for meta analysis), even though I try to
>>>> increase the font size of the txt using the editor, nothing seem to
>>>> happen.  Moreover, it creates a frame around the graph, which I like
>>>> to remove.  In addition, I prefer to selectively highlight the main
>>>> results of the plot by using the bold option.  None of these work or
>>>> rather, I havent figured out an easy way to do it.
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Nick Winter<nwinter@virginia.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>>> George Hoffman has replied suggesting this might be an OS issue; I
> can't
>>>>> speak to that.
>>>>>
>>>>> But I wonder what you want in your graph that you can't do with the
>> Stata
>>>>> graphics editor?
>>>>>
>>>>> - NW
>>>>>
>>>>> On 3/21/2010 9:09 PM, Sripal Kumar wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I recently switched over to stata 10 for mac.  When I used to use
>>>>>> windows and Stata 9, I used to edit the graphs by right clicking and
>>>>>> ungrouping.  I cant seem to do with graphs created in mac.  The graph
>>>>>> editor for stata 10 doesnt permit me to make all the edits I want.
 Is
>>>>>> there a way to save the graph so that I can use word or powerpoint to
>>>>>> ungroup it and edit it.
>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>> Sripal.
>>>>>> *
>>>>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>>>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
>>>>> Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
>>>>> Department of Politics                  nwinter@virginia.edu e
>>>>> University of Virginia          faculty.virginia.edu/nwinter w
>>>>> S385 Gibson Hall, South Lawn  Map: http://tinyurl.com/uvaSLmap
>>>>> *
>>>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *
>>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> *
>>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>>>
>>>
>>> *
>>> *   For searches and help try:
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
>>> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>>> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>>
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
> Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
> Department of Politics                  nwinter@virginia.edu e
> University of Virginia          faculty.virginia.edu/nwinter w
> S385 Gibson Hall, South Lawn  Map: http://tinyurl.com/uvaSLmap
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
>

*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index