Re: st: weight in a field survey

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <mlichter@buffalo.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: weight in a field survey
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:18:15 -0400

Steven is absolutely right and I apologize for any confusion. I was thinking instead about the additional weight you need if you sampled one person per household but wanted person-level estimates. -ml

Steve Samuels wrote:
Michael is not correct about having to add a weight for household size
to analyze individual data.  Each person in a selected household
shares the selection probability of the household and gets the same
sampling weight.