st: weight in a field survey

From   Estelle PASQUIER <>
Subject   st: weight in a field survey
Date   Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statlist,
We are conducting a field survey on
malaria. Our population is sampled by stratifying it in rural and urban
settings (first step) then selecting villages with a probability proportional
to their population sizes. The last step consists in selecting randomly a fixed
number of households in the village.
I am a little bit concern with the sample
weights I have to choose with svy: my suggestion would be to calculate the
stratum weight as the ratio of total population on population in each stratum;
to calculate the cluster weight as the inverse of the sampling probability, and
then to use the product of these two weights as final weight. Am I right?
My second concern is to know if I there is
anything to do for the last step of this sampling design?
Thanks for any help,