st: RE: code fragmennt in mlogit.ado

Subject   st: RE: code fragmennt in mlogit.ado
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:49:41 +0100

<>

" The options `skipline' to `baseoutcome' seem to me to be out of place."

Why do you think so? Although I cannot find the relevant option documented
in -h _rmcoll-, Stata needs to know that this particular removal operation
is for -mlogit- purposes. Just compare the results with and without it:

*******
webuse sysdsn1, clear

//create collinearity on purpose
gen doubleage=2*age

//with specification of model
_rmcoll insure age doubleage ///
male nonwhite i.site, mlogit expand
ret li

//without specification
_rmdcoll insure age doubleage ///
male nonwhite i.site, expand
ret li
*******

If -mlogit- is a useful information for Stata, then it also needs to know
about the -baseoutcome-...

HTH
Martin