st: code fragmennt in mlogit.ado

From   Klaus Pforr <>
Subject   st: code fragmennt in mlogit.ado
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:00:41 +0100

dear listers,

I found a fragment of code in mlogit.ado which I do not understand:

    _rmcoll `varlist' `wgt' if `touse',    ///
        `constant'            ///
        `coll'                ///
        `skipline'            ///
        mlogit                ///
        `baseoutcome'            ///

Could anybody please explain what this does and why it works. The
options `skipline' to `baseoutcome' seem to me to be out of place.

kind regards

Klaus Pforr

Klaus Pforr
Universit&#65533;t Mannheim