st: RE: RE: multiple lines on one graph using foreach

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: multiple lines on one graph using foreach
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:13:34 +0100

"-xtline- then offers one solution"

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Dienstag, 16. März 2010 21:11
Subject: st: RE: multiple lines on one graph using foreach

If you declare your data as panel data, -xtline- then offers one solution.
There are other solutions. Do you want each individual to be identifiable as
such? It is all too easy in that case to produce a legend almost as big as
the graph.

Robert Song

I would like to use a foreach statement to graph ~10 different lines on a
 single graph. But each time I do this using code below,  I generate 10
separate graphs. Any one know how I can do this? Also how can I generate
 a best fit line and 95% interval? I did this out longhand and it
works... but there are a handful of graphs I need to make and it gets

foreach ID in 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118
1119 1120 1121 1122
twoway line temperature time if
animalnumber == `ID'