re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10 and 11

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10 and 11
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:58:42 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 16/3/10, Kit Baum wrote:
> If you're doing Beamer/LaTeX, why not use .eps? It is fully
> scalable and supported by any LaTeX implementation.

The problem I run into is that beamer presentations need to be
compiled using pdfLaTeX, which does not take .eps (at least it
used to complain when I tried to do that the last time I tried,
probably a couple of years ago).

So I tend to call ps2pdf (part of ghostscrip, use google to find
that) from within my .do file, like in the example below:

*------------------ part of .do file -----------------------
graph export mean_imp.eps, replace
capture rm mean_imp.pdf
!ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS#432 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS#288 mean_imp.eps mean_imp.pdf
*------------------- end part of .do file --------------------

and than include the graph like this:

*-------------------- part of LaTeX/beamer file ---------------
    \frametitle{mean median mode imputation}
*------------------ end part of LaTeX/beamer file --------------

I have no idea if this is better or worse than using .png, it is
just a workaround that has worked for me.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen