st: is gllamm appropriate? is it necessary?

From   Jessica Bishop-Royse <>
Subject   st: is gllamm appropriate? is it necessary?
Date   Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:23:43 -0500

Hello Statalisters!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

I have a small question regarding multilevel modeling.

I am working with a dataset with over 300,000 observations for two years of
data.  I am trying to model a 9 category nominal dependent variable (cause
of death), my independent variables (there are 14, which are continuous and
dichotmous) as well as 6 county level indicators.

My question this:  is this best done with gllamm?  Does anyone have any
other suggestions for a more appropriate model?  Or perhaps a suggestion as
to how to speed this up?

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks so much, in advance.

Jessi Bishop-Royse

Jessi Bishop-Royse

"Without a struggle, there can be no progress."
Fredrick Douglass