Re: st: prtest and survey weights

From   "Mary E. Mackesy-Amiti" <>
Subject   Re: st: prtest and survey weights
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:20:41 -0600

I believe you can use svy: proportion followed by test (post-estimation command).

see: help proportion postestimation

Omar McDoom wrote:
Dear all,

Does anyone know how I may compare two proportions drawn from a variable in
a weighted survey?  The svy command I understand is not available for
prtest.  Is there a work-around that allows one to incorporate survey design

Mary Ellen Mackesy-Amiti, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Community Outreach Intervention Projects (COIP)
School of Public Health m/c 923
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University of Illinois at Chicago
ph. 312-355-4892
fax: 312-996-1450