st: Concordance

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   st: Concordance
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:57:11 -0800 (PST)

Dear Statalist,

Glucose on 100 serum samples was measured by two different methods. I would like to examine the concordance between the two set of measurements. The glucose values are continuous, so I was thinking about simply computing Pearson’s correlation coefficient, but that seems too simple and the test is not very sensitive. Is there a better way to assess concordance between two repeated measurements.

Thank you,

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK