Re: st: Can we port Stata windowing and graphics preferences between computers?

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Can we port Stata windowing and graphics preferences between computers?
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:22:24 -0600

Just checked it from a Vista machine, and yes, it was the "preferences" option from the "Edit", not "File", menu that I was referring to.
However, I never noticed how the Windows version behaved differently than the Mac OSX version--in OSX when you to choose "Open Preferences" or "Save Preferences" you are given the file location, so you can drag preference files (.rc files) to/from that location.  I assumed you might be able to do this between machines, but you are right that the Windows version doesn't reveal the location of the pref files.

On Windows Vista, I saved a couple of preference files, quit Stata, and then ran a search using the Windows Explorer advanced search option for these files and nothing came up, so I'm still not sure where they could be located.  At this point, this is probably a question for tech support, unless others have found the location of these files.

~ Eric
__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute