RE: st: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:08:09 -0800

Help zinb or help zip

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Michael Norman Mitchell
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:51 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data

Greetings

   I was not able to find anything that can do this within Stata (which
is not to say that it cannot be done). It is possible that this might be
doable using gllamm (see findit gllamm). Also, I believe you could do
this s a multilevel negative binomial regression using Mplus. Although I
cannot find an Mplus example like this, it would combine these elements...

A zero inflated poisson...

   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/MPlus/output/zeroinflatedpoissonreg.htm

A multilevel model...

   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/MPlus/output/mlmTwolevel1.htm

and this (which shows the syntax for doing a negative binomial)

   http://www.statmodel.com/download/language1.pdf

   I hope this is useful.

Best luck,

Michael N. Mitchell