Re: st: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data

From   Michael Norman Mitchell <Michael.Norman.Mitchell@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:50:38 -0800

Greetings

I was not able to find anything that can do this within Stata (which is not to say that it cannot be done). It is possible that this might be doable using gllamm (see findit gllamm). Also, I believe you could do this s a multilevel negative binomial regression using Mplus. Although I cannot find an Mplus example like this, it would combine these elements...

A zero inflated poisson...

  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/MPlus/output/zeroinflatedpoissonreg.htm

A multilevel model...

  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/MPlus/output/mlmTwolevel1.htm

and this (which shows the syntax for doing a negative binomial)

  http://www.statmodel.com/download/language1.pdf

  I hope this is useful.

Best luck,

Michael N. Mitchell