st: How Do I divide the sample into quintiles in Stata?

From   Stevie Kourama <ngareni3@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How Do I divide the sample into quintiles in Stata?
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:55:46 +0300

1. I have sample with a number of variables such as household net
expenditure ( which proxies the income of the household) visits to
health facilities; current level of education, residence (rural and
urban) and I would like to divide the sample into quintiles (groups of
20%), how do i do it in stata?

2. How do we compare the visits to health facilities by people with
low  income with the number of visits by household with high income(
low and higher income proxied as low net expenditure and higher
household net expenditure) and express all these into quintiles
shares?

Please assist the stata commands to execute the above and thanks in advance

--
Stevie Kourama