Re: st: RE: Income distribution

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Income distribution
Date   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:56:28 -0500

Abdel Rahmen El Lahga <> :
I would recommend instead avoiding the lognormal distribution, and
stick with Dagum or Singh-Maddala.
To quote from the paper you mentioned:
"The most surprising the fact that the Stage II
adjustment to the synthetic sample does not always improve the
accuracy of the estimate of  inequality. Indeed, for the Singh-Maddala
and Generalized Beta distributions, the adjustment raises the mean
absolute percentage error...."