re: Re: st: AW: RE: RE: RE: how to choose the # for --set seed #--

From   Christopher Baum <kitbaum@mac.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   re: Re: st: AW: RE: RE: RE: how to choose the # for --set seed #--
Date   Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:45:46 -0500

<>
"Why anyone would want other people to be even a day older than they really are is a mystery to me in middle age, but the effect appears genuine."

If one's tax deductions are governed by family composition on 31 December, there would be good reason to induce labour on New Year's Eve Day!

(I am reminded of my U-M professor of Public Finance who testified before Congress that he and his wife of many years had a strong incentive to divorce, as at that time the Federal tax code contained a 'marriage penaltty'.)

Kit