Re: st: RE: Breaking a categorical variable into a set of binary variables

From   Miranda Kim <mk@mrc.soton.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: Breaking a categorical variable into a set of binary variables
Date   Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:52:02 +0000

Thanks a lot!
Best wishes,
Miranda

Nick Cox wrote:
-tabulate, gen()- or -xi:-. Nick n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk
Miranda Kim

I am a Stata v11 user, and I seem to remember coming across a command that generates 0/1 variables for each category of a categorical variable, but I don't remember what this was...