Re: st: strata with single sampling units

Subject   Re: st: strata with single sampling units
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 22:52:41 -0500

I'm glad to hear that  it is working for you.  Make sure to  check
that there are no strata of the non-self-representing units which
contain only one unit.  That will sometimes happen when you analyze
subpopulations.  (If it does happen, join each offending stratum to an
adjacent stratum.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM,  <> wrote:
> Steve,
> I am now using:
> svyset psu [pweight=weight], strata(stratum) singleunit(certainty);
> This works in that I get variance estimates, and they are often much
> smaller than what one gets ignoring the stratum variable.  However, the
> odd thing is that when I try to replicate their published estimates
> (proportions) and SEs, I get basically the same SEs if I ignore the
> stratum variable.  The SEs I get using -singleunit (certainty)- tend to
> be  much smaller.

Steve Samuels
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477