Re: st: strata with single sampling units

Subject   Re: st: strata with single sampling units
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:04:25 -0500

" Would I be safe in assuming that one would use weight and PSU, and ignore
strata in this case? "

No. Do not ignore the stratum specification.  By placing certainty
units in their unique strata you ensure that they contribute nothing
to the between-PSU component of variance.  If the purpose of your
study is to describe the population, then the first stage fpc for the
certainty units should be 1.

Steve Samuels
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477