st: status of -ds- command

From   Michael Norman Mitchell <>
Subject   st: status of -ds- command
Date   Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:29:22 -0800

The question from Raoul raised a question for me. I have noticed that the -ds- command is no longer an official part of Stata (as of version 9). The -ds- command is amazing in how powerful (yet simple) it is. Does anyone know why -ds- is no longer "official"... has it been replaced by something else I am not aware of?

Many thanks,

Michael N. Mitchell
See the Stata tidbit of the week at...